cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ayden
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Null as a value

Hello all I am trying to remove nulls in my Dashboard or rather I want to remove '-' values in my app to replace with N/A.

here is want I have done but still get that  - in my dashboard. SET NullValue = 'N/A';
NullAsValue*;   for both Down and up fields I want to have N/A to replace the blank fields

Ayden_0-1673957029992.png

Labels (3)
3 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@Ayden what version of QlikSense?

@NadiaB is this possible to change?

PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hello @Ayden 

Please refer to below information:

In the Set nulls card, you select distinct values from a dimension field to be treated as null values in Qlik Sense.

For example, if your source data includes representations such as X for nulls, you can use the Set nulls card to set that value to be treated as a null value in Qlik Sense.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/setting-val....

The NullAsValue statement specifies for which fields that NULL should be converted to a value.

If the NullAsValue statement is used, the defined symbol will substitute all NULL values in the Null... 

Thanks,

Padma Priya

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
marcus_sommer

Your approach will only work by directly loading data which have real NULL and not for missing values in csv or empty cells in Excel - they might be resolved with something like: if(len(trim(Field)), Field, 'N/A') or coalesce(Field, 'N/A').

Further if the NULL comes from a join or an associating of the data or from an expression the NULL variables won't have an impact. In this case you may need adjustments within the data-model and/or similar to above checking the result and if there is no result replacing it to your wanted default-value.

Beside this In QlikView there were settings within the presentation-tab of an object to replace the default-value of '-' for NULL and MISSING data with an own one - maybe it's also available within Qlik Sense.