Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElectricBoogaloo
Contributor
Contributor

Set analytic help

Hello,

Im working on a Qlik sense app which contains three different data sets, with different dates.

Right now my  KPI's are hard coded to show the newest date with the following expression

=count(if([Date-Sheet-3.Date]= '06/06/2019',if([Sheet-3.Risk]='High Risk', [Conflict Description-Sheet-3.Conflict Description])))

But of course the KPI's look terrible and just display '0' when i choose to look at another date.

So what i really want is to have a KPI that could show "06/06/2019" as a default selection, but still be able to show the information from the two other dates if chosen.

as a starting point I created this expression

=Count({<[Sheet-3.Risk]={"High Risk"}>}[Conflict Description-Sheet-3.Conflict Description])

But it returns completely wrong data, and i honestly dont know why.

Im fairly new to Qlik, and if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Uday_Pasupuleti
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try
If(GetSelectedCount([Date-Sheet-3.Date])=0,Count( {<[Date-Sheet-3.Date]= {'06/06/2019'},[Sheet-3.Risk]={'High Risk'}>}[Conflict Description-Sheet-3.Conflict Description]),Count({<[Sheet-3.Risk]={'High Risk'}>}[Conflict Description-Sheet-3.Conflict Description]))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Uday_Pasupuleti
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try
If(GetSelectedCount([Date-Sheet-3.Date])=0,Count( {<[Date-Sheet-3.Date]= {'06/06/2019'},[Sheet-3.Risk]={'High Risk'}>}[Conflict Description-Sheet-3.Conflict Description]),Count({<[Sheet-3.Risk]={'High Risk'}>}[Conflict Description-Sheet-3.Conflict Description]))

ElectricBoogaloo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hmm i read the code it makes sense, and it works on some of my other KPI's with the same problem, but using different data. So thanks for that!

So i guess there might something wrong with how the data is linked
ElectricBoogaloo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Nvm it works -
Changed your so expression from

to

If(GetSelectedCount([Date-Sheet-3.Date])=0,Count( {<[Date-Sheet-3.Date]= {'06/06/2019'},[Sheet-3.Risk]={'High Risk'}>}[Sheet-3.Risk]),Count({<[Sheet-3.Risk]={'High Risk'}>}[Sheet-3.Risk]))

Uday_Pasupuleti
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I have given you the logic so that you can change the field names accordingly..

Good to see it worked..