Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Show Past 12 Months trend in Qlik Sense line chart

Hi,

I want to create a line chart which will show the trend for the past 12 months based on the selected month from the filter pane. My date is based on a fiscal year and currently I am only able to show the trend in 1 fiscal period (e.g. if I select June 2018, it will show the trend from April 2018-June 2018)

However, I would like to always show the past 12 months trend (e.g.if I select June, it will show the trend from July 2017-June 2018)

Fiscal period: April - March

Below is the code that I used:

Dimension:

date(('01/' &

if([GL.FiscalMonth] > 9, ([GL.FiscalMonth]-9),[GL.FiscalMonth] + 3) & '/' &

if([GL.FiscalMonth] > 9, ([GL.FiscalYear] + 1),[GL.FiscalYear])),'MMM-YYYY')

Measure:

sum({<[GL.FiscalYear]= {'$(=(vSelYr))'}, [GL.FiscalMonth] = {'<=$(=Max(vSelMon)) >=$(=AddMonths(Max(vSelMon),-11))'}>}debit_credit_amount)

I'm not sure which part is wrong. Appreciate any help

Thank you!

1 Reply
MK9885
Master II
Master II

Maybe use below expression?

sum({<

YourDateFieldHere = {"$(='>=' & Date(AddYears(Max(YourDateFieldHere), -1), 'MM/DD/YYYY')

& '<=' & Date(Max(YourDateFieldHere), 'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}, Month, Year, Quarter, Week

}>}debit_credit_amount)

Make sure to check your Date format is as what I have in above expression plus replace yourdatefield...