Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Javanshir_Mustafayev
Contributor III
Contributor III

Show values not equal to zero on a chart

Hello everyone,

I've an app that uses a spreadsheet like sheet for issues analysis. Issues are extracted from Jira.

There are zero values I need to show so the solution to untick zero values in add-ons->data handling->include zero values isn't working for my case.

I've multiple automated tests results columns and need to show only failed tests when pushing a button on the main dashboard, to open the analysis sheet with failed tests filtered to show those rows that aren't zero.

Any ideas how to do it?

clipboard_image_0.png

clipboard_image_1.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

If(tests_failed = 1, tests_failed)

Make sure that the status of the failed test is 1, otherwise use the exact value.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

You can have a KPI object or button linked to a sheet with with a straight table that contains only failed tests.  In the expression of the failed filed, include "If(Failed = 1, Failed)". Lastly, make sure that the column (Failed) doesn't display null value.

Javanshir_Mustafayev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

the steps with linking the kpi to a sheet are very useful, thanks.

but when it comes to the formula in the data part->failed->field If(tests_failed= 1, failed) no data is shown, error in expression:

Bad field name: [If(tests_failed = 1, failed)]

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

If(tests_failed = 1, tests_failed)

Make sure that the status of the failed test is 1, otherwise use the exact value.

Javanshir_Mustafayev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

now it says invalid dimension. the status of the unfiltered data is 224 total rows, 2 rows where tests_failed = 1

Javanshir_Mustafayev
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

wow this worked! thanks!!!

jerifortune
Creator III
Creator III

Please, mark as a correct answer so it will help others know that the issue has been resolved. Thanks