Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III

Show when count =0 in straight table

Hello experts.

I think this will be easy for you: I have a straight table with a dimension and its values and a count(distinct id) and a count(id). I only get dimension values where counts are not 0, can I also include these dimension values where counts are 0?

Thank you a lot!!! 

Labels (5)
6 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Or_0-1716717478470.png

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

@Or , it is already checked! 0s are not shown.

Or
MVP
MVP

Sounds like it might be an issue with data modeling and selections, then. Can you confirm these dimensions are showing as Possible or Selected (green or white) when viewed in the Selections pane?

Otherwise, I'd probably need more information to try and help.

ioannagr
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No they are not. Those with count=0 are shown in the filters pane but not in the straight table.

Or
MVP
MVP

If they're not shown as possible or selected, then they won't show up in your table either, unless you use set analysis or some other mechanism to ignore selections.

marcus_sommer

If count() has really ZERO as result you could see it within a chart and will be able to select the dimension-values related to it. If this isn't case it means that these records are missing and/or there is no valid association between the data.

In other words you want to display NULL. You may try something like:

YourExpression + sum({1} 0)

but it depends on your data-model, the data itself and the object if such workaround is possible or not. In many scenarios it's sensible to populate the missing data.