Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Majed
Contributor III
Contributor III

Solved: Is there a clear guide to install QAP

I have been struggling with QAP for several hours. I installed the Qlik Sense binaries, and then applied the license.

I allowed anonymous access, and added security rule to allow if user.isanonymous() read access.

I allowed anonymous access in the virtual proxy.

Still, whenever I publish an app to the stream Everyone, or a new stream which I called public, I get the annoying pop up "You cannot access Qlik sense because you do not have an access pass"

I checked the logs, I am getting
Access to app '445b123b-1bff-49b8-a39b-963649a8cc07' denied, result code 'LicenseNotAvailable'
So, it is clear that the issue is license. However, this is a QAP, which is licensed by processor.

It is a pity that Qlik can make such a nice product, and due to lack of documentation, it turns to be such a frustration.

Labels (1)
  • QMC

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Majed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

After digging for couple of days, it appeared that this is the normal behavior. After publishing an app to the Everyone stream, all what is needed to be done is going to dev-hub, and get the URL of the object/sheet you need. Opening the app is not possible, but opening the objects inside it are possible.

Hope that this helps someone. Also, I hope that Qlik dedicates little time to document QAP.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ranganath_DR
Support
Support

Hi @Maja ,

The Qlik Analytics Platform is licensed on capacity (CPU cores) in the deployment

And you need to have cores assigned to engines, refer to below article and you need to create security rules to restrict the access to users.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Core-based-licenses-in-Qlik-Sense/ta-p/17153...
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/February2024/Subsystems/Platform/Content/Sense_PlatformO...

Majed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your reply, I followed this article, as well as other posts. I have an issue in assigning licenses to the anonymous users.

On the hub users can see the streams Everyone, License Monitor, and public (which I created and added a security rule to allow anonymous).
Anonymous users can open the default applications under license monitor without issues. Any other application, the user gets the error You cannot access Qlik sense because you do not have an access pass".

I even tried to publish to the stream Monitoring apps, the anonymous user gets the same error when opening the new app. The default apps work as expected.

Majed_0-1709535937438.png

Majed
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

After digging for couple of days, it appeared that this is the normal behavior. After publishing an app to the Everyone stream, all what is needed to be done is going to dev-hub, and get the URL of the object/sheet you need. Opening the app is not possible, but opening the objects inside it are possible.

Hope that this helps someone. Also, I hope that Qlik dedicates little time to document QAP.