Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diago001
Contributor
Contributor

Split/Count Capitalized word in a title?

I have a dataset of youtube videos and i want to see how many titles have Capitalized words

ex.  "Most Popular Violin COVERS of Popular Songs 2018 || Best Instrumental Violin Covers 2018"

this title has a capitalized word 'COVERS' .

I'm trying to use Upper function but can get it to work since i think i need a way to split 'title' to words.

Any idea?

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Im not clear. 

what is your expected output?

diago001
Contributor
Contributor
Author

My dataset contains the titles of youtube trending videos, some of the titles contains capitalized words like i wrote in above, i have to count all those titles who contains at least a CAPITALIZED word. The column of title contains phrases (youtube videos) and not just a single word.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Here is existing solution in below link hope this helps you.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Scripting/Identify-Capital-Letters/m-p/304953

Taoufiq_Zarra

@diago001  May be this help:

Data:

load * ,upper(subf) as subfUpper where len(trim(subf))>0 ;
load *,Subfield(keepchar(Field,'azertyuiopqsdfghjklmwxcvbnAZERTYUIOPMLKJHGFDSQWXCVBN '),' ') as subf inline [
Field
Most Popular Violin COVERS of Popular Songs 2018 || Best Instrumental Violin Covers 2018
dfsdf
Most Popular Violin  of Popular Songs 2018 || Best Instrumental Violin Covers 2018
];

output:

load  Field,if(Max(Match(subf,subfUpper))=1,'1','0') as Flag_contains_capitalized  resident Data group by Field;

drop table Data;

output:

Taoufiq_Zarra_0-1604400850901.png

or to count titles you can use :

=count({<Flag_contains_capitalized={'1'}>} distinct Field)

output:

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
diago001
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Sorry i'm new to qlik sense, where do i insert this code? At Field can i insert an entire column of my dataset?