Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdrianS1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Stacked Chart without sum

AdrianS1_0-1682087494087.png

Hi guys, i have one question. Can i build a chart like this in a QlikSense? I have one dimension and two measures. I want to stack this two measures into one axis but not to sum this   measures values  ( like a stacked bar without sum values). One of this bar  measures should be narrow than the other one. Can i do this ? Pls help.

Labels (1)
5 Replies
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @AdrianS1 

Take a look at the Combo chart - you can have one value as a bar and the other as a marker.

Steve

AdrianS1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

AdrianS1_0-1682171484803.png

Yea but other as marker is showing point not a bar 😞

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

True.

I have done something kludgy for a client, where they wanted variance to target and the target bar was grey and if actual didn't meet target the shortcoming was shown in red and if it exceeded the extra was shown in green. It looks okay, but the hovering over the segments gives nonsense values, as each part had to be done separately.

I've documented how to achieve it in this blog post:

https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlik-target-bar-chart/

I've just noticed that my Sense charts in the blog post are all broken as Qlik no longer allow free sharing of charts from Qlik Cloud (more's the pity). I will have to add them back in using pictures at some point. The QlikView chart shows the idea though.

I'm sure there will be some extensions that do exactly what you want. What you show there is a bullet chart, as described by Stephen Few. Sense has a bullet chart, but it doesn't seem to work in the way he describes it and you want it to work. There is always risk with installing extensions on your server though.

You can have two bar measures on a bar chart or a combo chart, but the bars show side by side, not up through the middle.

Steve

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Thanks @Kushal_Chawda for posting that link.

I looked at the bullet chart but hadn't appreciated how you could set the outer bar by putting limits on the first expression. That is a little counter intuitive. It just seemed to be unfit for purpose as you can only have one measure per chart - but it makes a lot more sense now. I may have to find an excuse to use it now!

Steve