Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rish
Contributor III
Contributor III

Stop filter from affecting a graph

Hi,

I have 3 fields viz. field1, field2 and field3. I am using field1 as dimesion and count(field2) as measure for a bar graph. The field3 is being used as a filter, but I dont want selections in field3 to affect the bar graph.

is there any way to tackle this?

Thanks,

Rish

5 Replies
Ezir
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @rish ,

You could change the data model or use set analysis to measure:

count({1}field2)

🤔

Best regards,

Ezir

rish
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, the issue with this approach is it stops all the filters from working. I just want that one particular filter to not affect the chart.

Ezir
Creator II
Creator II

@rish 

You can try this

count({<field3={*}>}field2)

Regards,

Ezir 

rish
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Field 3 is in an associated table, and thus this is returning only the values associated with that table and not showing all the values. It would be valid if they were in the same table. Sorry for not mentioning this detail, i thought it wouldn't be important. basically if the field 2 is in table A and field 3 is in table B, both the tables are associated but table B has only 20 rows, field 2 is gonna show use only the rows associated with those 20 rows. In the above formula, it seems that for all selections in field3 we are leaving field2 as it is, but it seems i have to find a way so that nothing about field3 affects field2 while still keeping the tables associated. is there any way to do that?

rish
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi I used

count({<field3>}field2)

and it worked