Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
new_guy
Contributor III
Contributor III

Subfield

Hello,

I have the following example data within the field "App Name":

ApplicationName 
ApplicationName v0.01
ApplicationName _v01
ApplicationName2
ApplicationName vs. ApplicationName

Now i want to place a filter on my worksheet to filter different versions. So my filter should only contain entries like v01, v0.01,v12.12 etc.

I've tried a lot up to now but nothing really works. 

With :

if("App Name" like '*v*.*',Subfield(Right("App Name",5),' ',-1),'eine version') AS Version,

i get all of the versions but also "nName" of  "ApplicationName vs. ApplicationName". 

I then tried:

if("App Name" like '*v*.*',if(isNum(num#(Subfield("App Name",'v',-1),'*.*')),Subfield("App Name",'v',-1),'eine version')) AS Version,	

but this wont work at all. 

Is there a nice way to tell Qlik Sense like look if there is something like v0.10 and then only take this and put it into a field"?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
new_guy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I now used the following:

if("App Name" like '*v*.*',
    	if(FindOneOf(keepchar(Subfield("App Name",'v',-1),'0123456789v.()'),'0123456789')<>0,keepchar(Subfield("App Name",'v',-1),'0123456789v.()'),'only one Version'),'only one Version') AS Version,

This works pretty well up till now, but as @Vegar  said, the best way to solve is to generalize the naming of my apps. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Use keepchar()
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try the following script. It will return data like in the table below.

image.png

LOAD 
* , alt(num(mid(App,index(App, 'v', -1)+1)), dual('N/A', 0)) as Version Inline [ App ApplicationName ApplicationName v0.01 ApplicationName _v01 ApplicationName2 ApplicationName vs. ApplicationName ];
sunny_talwar

Based on your input data provided... which one of the app names should display a version and which one would display null?

new_guy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

everything but the "App Name vs. App Name" should be displayed with its version number 🙂
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Is hard to create smart parsing on a ungoverned text string, I would probably explore @miskinmaz suggested solution.

keepchar(ApplicationName, '0123456789.') as version,
new_guy
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I now used the following:

if("App Name" like '*v*.*',
    	if(FindOneOf(keepchar(Subfield("App Name",'v',-1),'0123456789v.()'),'0123456789')<>0,keepchar(Subfield("App Name",'v',-1),'0123456789v.()'),'only one Version'),'only one Version') AS Version,

This works pretty well up till now, but as @Vegar  said, the best way to solve is to generalize the naming of my apps.