Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amr_qlik
Contributor
Contributor

Sum column by condition in qlik sense scripting

Hi,

I've found a variety of threads on this topic, but am still having trouble.   My data includes columns for prices, categories, and category descriptions, among others.  I need to sum on prices by category and have the final output still have the price, category, and category description columns.

I found this thread: https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Sum-group-by-in-load-from-resident-table/td-p/113781...

The answer there recommends a WHERE MATCH on product code (category in my problem) and then lists the individual product codes in the MATCH parenthesis.  This is not reasonable in my example as there are hundreds of categories that would need listed.

Edit:  

I am seeing  now that there are ways to do this per individual category in the Sheet view.  However, I am also in need the max sum price amongst all of the categories to do a calculation, so I need all of the summed prices at the same time to determine that.

Any help is appreciated.  

Thank you!

Labels (2)
1 Reply
amr_qlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Edited OP with additional details.