Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III

Tooltip/Hover over text in Qlik Sense Button

Can we add tooltip text/hover over text to Button in Qlik Sense? I don't see an option. I need to show hover over text if the cursor points at the button (like in Qlikview). 

Also, is there a way to make the buttons rectangle instead of curved edges?

Labels (4)
5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I don't know and option for the tooltip but by default the buttons are squared, maybe you have this option changed to make them curved:

rubenmarin_0-1669708495837.png

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

It is set to minimum.

qlikwiz123_0-1669734432262.png

The edges are curved. How do I make them Flat?

rubenmarin

Hi, are you sure that's the default button that comes with sense? or is it an extension?

qlikwiz123
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That is the default button with Qlik Sense and it comes with curved edges. There seems to be no way to make them flat like a rectangle.

rubenmarin

I tested this in newer (cloud) and older version (feb 2021) and it shows flat, if I change the theme it shows as yours, so maybe you have a them other theme than the classic.

This (quite old) video show how to change the theme (you can skipt the first 30 seconds): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXSZC7c8ayQ&t=39s

If you want to keep your theme you can create a new theme with all of yours and change the options to show the button without curved edges.