Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wlabarca99
Contributor III
Contributor III

Total for Top n Rows

Hi all,

I have a pivot table in Qlik Sense that is calculating the Sales last quarter and the In Stock % for a given item.  I need the totals in this table to only reflect the top 5 row values.  I can limit the rows to only show 5 values but the totals still reflect all of the data.  I would like to achieve this in an expression as apposed to doing it in the script.

My current expression for the sales is:

SUM({<[ord_dt.autoCalendar.QuartersAgo]={1}>}[ttl_itm_px])

In the example below, the total for Last Quarter Sales is $6.6M (because it includes all values in my sales table) but the goal is for this total to calculate on only the top 5 values equaling $343,772.31.  Again, I want to avoid making script changes and I want this to calculate without making a selection to the top 5 results. 

Capture123.JPG

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(Aggr(If(Rank(Sum({<[ord_dt.autoCalendar.QuartersAgo] = {1}>} [ttl_itm_px])) < 6, Sum({<[ord_dt.autoCalendar.QuartersAgo] = {1}>} [ttl_itm_px])), DimensionName))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this

Sum(Aggr(If(Rank(Sum({<[ord_dt.autoCalendar.QuartersAgo] = {1}>} [ttl_itm_px])) < 6, Sum({<[ord_dt.autoCalendar.QuartersAgo] = {1}>} [ttl_itm_px])), DimensionName))

wlabarca99
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Awesome stuff, thanks Sunny!