Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trouble with a complicated line graph.

Objective: Measure daily (close of business)  onhand inventories for a warehouse using a line graph.

Example Table:

Ship FromShip ToDateQuantity
A

B

1/1/1810
AB1/1/1810
BA1/1/1810
AB1/2/1810
AB1/2/1810

This is roughly how my shipping database information is formatted. I am looking for a way to measure the volume of inventory for location B. in this example COB (close of business inventory) for B on 1/1 would be 10, on 1/2 it would be 30.

Issues:

1. I am unsure how to pull a single dimension into QlikSense from multiple columns/attributes (based off ingoing and outgoing product).
  2. Both "Ship From" and "Ship To" can be hundreds of different combinations. I need a way to enforce the user selecting a SINGLE location in order for the graph to be used. I realize a variable in the load editor could work, BUT as far as I know its static and could not change depending on what location the user needs to look at.

I am still relatively new to QlikSense, and I may be missing something obvious (maybe there is a qlikbranch extension the could help?) Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance .

0 Replies