Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edwin22102210
Contributor II
Contributor II

Trying to extract tables present in data model view from a Published Dashboard

Hello Community,

I'm attempting to retrieve tables from the data model view of a published dashboard or app, which was created by another developer. The available options I've explored in the community and through personal research online involve extracting data as CSV or QVD using the data load editor. However, these methods require developer access to the dashboard, which is not feasible in my situation.

Could you please assist me with an alternative solution?

Labels (1)
9 Replies
marcus_sommer

Did you try to use a table-box with the relevant fields?

Edwin22102210
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@marcus_sommer - can you please elaborate this a little, thanks.

marcus_sommer

Just create a table-box or maybe a table-chart and pull there the wanted fields as dimensions.

Edwin22102210
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey @marcus_sommer , thanks, that's a great approach but it's going to be a long complicated method as the tables increase on the dashboard, and this also don't have any scope of automation. 

marcus_sommer

I wouldn't say that there are no possibilities for an automation - with appropriate extensions or the use of system-fields like $Table and $Field. Surely not trivial and of course causing some efforts if it wasn't conceptual considered at the beginning and implemented in the first master-applications.

Beside this I couldn't recommend such an UI approach else suggest to make appropriate requests to the teams which are responsible for the data-models - whereby I assume they should be intentionally be bypassed ...

Edwin22102210
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Qlik Sense provides APIs that allow the extraction of data from its applications. Is anyone familiar with these APIs?

Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

Of course, You have limitations without the developer's auth.  You can try the below walkarounds,

1. Snapshot sharing - If the developer has shared using this feature you can extract data, but this is just current state data, not real-time data.

2. Visualization export - Again if the developer should have this enabled.

3. Use external data connectors. - This too depends on the data sources and their accessibility

Edwin22102210
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

can you share details on the external data connectors?

Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

Like ODBC you can try to use them sometimes you may have access to those