Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmathieu
Contributor
Contributor

Two dimensions filtering in heatmap Qlik object

Hi all,

I am trying to run a two dimension heatmap 

nmathieu_0-1628575949291.png

Basically I have subdata that depend on both each row and each column. 

At this point I am able to have displays on other part that depend on the row selected (by clicking on the row name itself, no shown here for confidential purpose) or on the column selected (same here by clicking on column name) which is group of KPI depending on other large  subKPI database. All subKPI have influence on location (row) and avgKPI (column). 

My question is : 

- I want to filter on both column and row at the same time, that is to say to display the subKPI depending on the location (row) and the group of KPI (column) at the same time

- I want each colored square inside the heatmap to be clickable so that when I clicked on it, in some other part the subKPI related to the selected location (row) and group of KPI (column) are displayed only.

Can we do this in Qlik ksense , in particular with this object?

Thank you in advance for your answer

2 Replies
pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @nmathieu 

The object that you show is a Pivot Table and it can't be selected a value of a cell, just the dimensions at line and cols. Well, i  recommend that you use a HeatMap chart at Custom Objects -> Visualization Bundle. This object enables you to click at one cell and then it filter the col and line dimension at same time.

After this you can create a Calculated Measure to check the selected dimension using GetSelectedCount() or GetFieldSelections() and display the measures that you want, like this If( GetSelectedCount(Dim1)=1, Kpi1, Kpi2)

If you wanna to Drill-Down the dimension, using a SubDimension just create an Hierarquical Dimension Master Item.

[],

Pedro

nmathieu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Pedro and the others

thank you for your answer 

I have found a solution that currently covers my needs.

https://github.com/ralfbecher/QlikSense_Extension_2DimHeatmap

THis heatmap enables clicking on one square and display data related to this square selection.

to this I would like to customize two features:

_ Static heatmap : When data is selected, on the backend the data is fieltered so that other charts would only display data that are filtered by this selection., although it would still display all the squares of the heatmap(with the selected squares in bold potentially) 

_ The background color would depend on another feature/measure that the master measure (this is actually available in QLik native heatmap but disappears on the new extension over here)

Does any one have a solution for that ?

Thanks