Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evan0211
Creator II
Creator II

Two tables, resident loading and concatinate

I have two tables that I need to merge into one and I am having a difficult time getting it to merge with distinct IDs. 

Table 1

ID Data
123 xyz
1234 yyy
111 aaa
145 bbb

table 2

ID

Objective result

ID Data
123 xyz
456 -
789 -
1234 yyy
111 aaa
145 bbb

Below is my load script, but I am getting duplicate ID values, example

ID Data
123 xyz
123 -

_Numbers:
LOAD distinct 
"ID",
"Number" as DN2
Resident MGMT;
Concatenate Load distinct 
"ID"
Resident Master;

Is there a way on my concatenate load of the ID from Master to load only the ID values that do not exist in the MGMT table? 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Evan,

Concatenation is not the best option in your case. It will simply unite both tables, with no process of matching key values. So, your Ids that exist in both tables, will end up in two rows - one with the data and one without.

In order to get the result that you wanted, you need to join the two tables. This way, matching rows will get consolidated into a single row, and not matching rows will get added with the missing values padded with NULL values. The syntax is similar, only with JOIN:

_Numbers:
LOAD distinct
"ID",
"Number" as DN2
Resident MGMT;
JOIN (_Numbers)

Load distinct
"ID"
Resident Master;

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Evan,

Concatenation is not the best option in your case. It will simply unite both tables, with no process of matching key values. So, your Ids that exist in both tables, will end up in two rows - one with the data and one without.

In order to get the result that you wanted, you need to join the two tables. This way, matching rows will get consolidated into a single row, and not matching rows will get added with the missing values padded with NULL values. The syntax is similar, only with JOIN:

_Numbers:
LOAD distinct
"ID",
"Number" as DN2
Resident MGMT;
JOIN (_Numbers)

Load distinct
"ID"
Resident Master;