Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindsey
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to load data and unable to connect to Qlik Sense engine

Hi, I’m having some issues with QlikSense Desktop… first, I have an issue loading data - I've tried dragging the sample excel file into the 'add data from files and other sources' area, it goes to the 'initializing add data' circle and keeps spinning.  I've tried loading by clicking on the 'Add data from files and other sources' button and it goes to the same 'initializing add data' spinning circle, I’ve also tried adding data using the Data Load Editor and all give the same result of the spinning circle and nothing else.

Add data spins and hangs indefinitelyAdd data spins and hangs indefinitely

Additionally, I have issues when I click on the ‘Data Manager’ when using a loaded qvf file - I get the following error:

Qlik Sense engine errorQlik Sense engine error

I have done a lot of troubleshooting with a Qlik sme and have tried the following with no results: Removed tmp files and changed internet options to select every possible combination of options, started Qlik and tried to load data/access Data Manager with no results, re-cycled through the steps of removing tmp files each time I made a change to the internet options and still no change, also tried accessing through http://localhost:4848/hub/ and had the same result.

A colleague in the same city as myself is having the same issues (we are both in Canada), same errors etc as I am, but nobody else on the global team has experienced these issues.  Any assistance would be appreciated!

0 Replies