Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jothi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unable to see Section Access table records in Data Model Viewer or Data Manager

I have loaded some data into the Section access scripts and the Authorisation works perfectly. Is there a way that I can see the content of this table? Below is my section access script.

Section Access;
Authorization:
LOAD * inline [
ACCESS, USERID, BUNITID
ADMIN, SAML\u1, *
USER, SAML\u2, 2706
USER, SAML\u7, 2712
USER, SAML\u9, 2770
USER, SAML\u11, 2776
];
Section Application;

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

In principle yes but with a few small adjustments like renaming/qualifying some of the fields to avoid synthetic keys whereby the linking to your datamodel should be kept.

IMO it's very useful and the only way to see the content of the section access information and to get the possibility to place them within some table- and list-boxes to check if all wanted restrictions work like expected. For the last mentioned check you may need to disable the origin section access to see really all data by opening the application. Of course you shouldn't do it within the live-application else a dummy and if you decide to keep the section access information within the final application you may restrict and/or hide these information, too.  

- Marcus

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK no. But you could load the information a second time within the section application area.

- Marcus

Jothi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@marcus_sommer Do you mean that I have to have the same load scripts in the application section ?

marcus_sommer

In principle yes but with a few small adjustments like renaming/qualifying some of the fields to avoid synthetic keys whereby the linking to your datamodel should be kept.

IMO it's very useful and the only way to see the content of the section access information and to get the possibility to place them within some table- and list-boxes to check if all wanted restrictions work like expected. For the last mentioned check you may need to disable the origin section access to see really all data by opening the application. Of course you shouldn't do it within the live-application else a dummy and if you decide to keep the section access information within the final application you may restrict and/or hide these information, too.  

- Marcus