Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SudharshanK
Creator
Creator

Unable to setup email in Qlik Cloud

Hi All,

I am not able to setup email server at all in Qlik Cloud even though I use my company's SMTP server details. It keeps on saying "Server Address failed to update". Can you please help with this issue?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @SudharshanK,

I looked at the case you raised and it seems like you already received the suggestion on how to resolve the issue. It seems like the email server is not accessible outside your organization and that is causing the issue. 

Please reach out to your IT team and work out a plan to use a server available outside your server.

Thanks!

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Luis_Arocho-LLantin

Hi.

Have you confirmed the port and the security used by your server? For example in some cases the port used is 587 with StartTLS as the security protocol. Contact your IT Dept and find out the server address with port and security protocol.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Admin/mc-enable-email-sh...

Thanks,

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @SudharshanK,

What error do you see in the developer tool of the browser? That usually tells you more details on the issue.

What SMPT configuration you are using? 

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
SudharshanK
Creator
Creator
Author

They are using the same SMTP server with Port 25 and No Security for other applications and its working perfectly fine. But somehow, its not working with Qlik. I am also unable to open any kind of case support ticket with Qlik

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @SudharshanK,

Is it available outside your organization's network? It is possible that the email server is not able to communicate with Qlik. You could test with ay online tools available, like : https://www.gmass.co/smtp-test

The next step would be to review the error you see in the developer console which will provide more details on where the error is coming from : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Save-network-web-traffic-HAR-XML-file-and-console-logs-from-... 

I hope this helps!

Vinay

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi @SudharshanK,

I looked at the case you raised and it seems like you already received the suggestion on how to resolve the issue. It seems like the email server is not accessible outside your organization and that is causing the issue. 

Please reach out to your IT team and work out a plan to use a server available outside your server.

Thanks!

Vinay