Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommyyung
Contributor II
Contributor II

Unable to start Qlik Logging service Error 1064

Hi all,

I have just applied windows patch to the server and I am unable to start the qlik logging service but other qlik services can be started successfully. I checked the event log and the PostgreSQL error will pop every time I start the qlik logging service. 

Qlik Sense Business 

Tommyyung_0-1655180098271.png

Tommyyung_2-1655180114002.png

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I did a search on Error:1064 and found the below Article.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Error-1064-Unable-to-start-Qlik-logging-service-after-hostna...

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Tommyyung
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Bill,

I have read the article but seems the error message is not the same. I have captured the error log for your reference. Thanks!

2022-06-15 02:07:37,750 w01shkqvqscn1a [Qlik.Logging.Service.exe] Qlik.Logging.Service [ERROR] - DevartLogDatabase::Connect failed!
Exception:
	Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
	Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
	An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

2022-06-15 02:07:37,875 w01shkqvqscn1a [Qlik.Logging.Service.exe] Qlik.Logging.Service [ERROR] - Failed to retrieve settings from database. Error: ["DevartLogDatabase::Connect failed!\nException:\n\tUnable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.\n\tUnable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.\n\tAn existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host\n"] 
2022-06-15 02:07:37,875 w01shkqvqscn1a [Qlik.Logging.Service.exe] Qlik.Logging.Service [ERROR] - Failed to initialize database. ["DevartLogDatabase::Connect failed!\nException:\n\tUnable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.\n\tUnable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.\n\tAn existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host\n"] 
2022-06-15 02:07:37,875 w01shkqvqscn1a [Qlik.Logging.Service.exe] Qlik.Logging.Service [ERROR] - QLService::SetupService failed to initialized required database! 
2022-06-15 02:07:37,875 w01shkqvqscn1a [Qlik.Logging.Service.exe] Qlik.Logging.Service [ERROR] - QLService::OnStart failed to setup service for execution!

Tommyyung
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Can anyone help on this problem please? T_T

Tommyyung
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

May I know if anyone can help on this issue please? It is because the issue still persist... Thanks...