Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ashti
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to view the table created from qvd file in data manager/ model

I have created a table from excel sheet and performed some calculations and saved down the file as qvd in attached files folder.  When you create a table from the qvd file; the table is not shown in the data manager/ model viewer.

I am able to see the data in the qvd file

Can someone explain me how I will be able to access the table created from qvd file

Code used:

Let folder_path = 'lib://AttachedFiles/';

[Demo]:
LOAD
FROM [lib://AttachedFiles/Testing1.qvd]
(qvd);

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi Ashti,

How did you load the QVD? Did you use the data load manager? 

or Did you use the data load editor.

If Data Manager, look for a section of your load script with a 'lock' on it. This is auto-generated load script data when using the Data Manager to ingest your source data.

If you load from the Data Load Editor, your results will not show up in the Data Manager. To work in the data load manager, you need to start with that then continue to manage your app thereien.

For greater control over the load script, you can unlock the data manager auto-generated section then continue to manage it in the Data Load editor. 

Here is a community discussion on this topic as well.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Data-manager-vs-scripting/td-p/1698163

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

after running the script above you can view the data

1) by creating a Table chart, add the fields to the table one by one

2) View the data loaded in the Data Model Viewer

3)In Sheet view >> Click on the Selections tool(top right corner)

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.