Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Han_So_L0w
Contributor
Contributor

Understanding Qlik Associativity

Good day,

I have a question about the associativity with respect to the Qwix(?) engine? Please refer to the attachment.

I have three data sources, Red(A), Green(B) and Blue(C). and one "derived" or transformed table from red, (Black)

(A) has multiple tables from which I derive data (Z = Black(KeepChar, Left, Right, &''&) Data source 2 ((B)green) is linked to red via black

In my model, when I create a table, I can add a column called Technician from (A) to (B) that will accurately display the name of the technician responsible to perform the function, however, when I add a column from (A) to (C), all I get is a null value. 

Why can I not link A to C? but A to B works perfectly? Am I missing something or is associativity linear? IE, A cannot connect to C but only to B?

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if this view is really helpful to understand and review the datamodel. I suggest to switch to the tableviewer.

Beside this it's not enough that tables have any connection/association - it must be the right one in regard to the relationship of the tables to eachother (1:1, 1:n, n:m), the data-structures (you might need more as a single field for the key) and to the field-values of the key-fields in regard to their granularity, rounding and formatting.

Often it's helpful just to use a tablebox with the key-fields and one or two others fields to see which data are matching and which not (and mostly it will be quite obvious why not). And then you could adjust your loadings and see if it improved in any way.

- Marcus