Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michele_stenico
Partner - Contributor III

Using two different fields in the same visual Object (filter panel, table etc) depending by a Selector

Hi,

Hi,

I have a star schema Model with a fact table and 5 dimensional tables. two of them show a different Organization Structure, they are not contemporary  valid.

need a way to use only one of them depending by a selector (create by INLINE Comand) with two occurrence (STRUT 1, STRUTS2). I tried to use a conditional function but doesn't work correctly.

That is

STRUCTUREA:

Fact_Key_A

Level1_A

Level2_A

Level3_A

STRUCTUREB:

Fact_Key_B

Level1_B

Level2_B

Level2_B

SELECTOR:

LOAD * INLINE [

TY_STRUCTURE

STRUCTA

STRUCTB]

In presentation I have created three Main Items with this formulas

LEVEL1 = If(GetSelectedCount(TY_STRUCTURE)=2 or GetCurrentSelections=(TY_STRUCTURE)='TY_STRUCTURE:STRUCTA' ,Level1_A,Level1_B)

LEVEL2 = If(GetSelectedCount(TY_STRUCTURE)=2 or GetCurrentSelections=(TY_STRUCTURE)='TY_STRUCTURE:STRUCTA' ,Level2_A,Level2_B)

LEVEL3 = If(GetSelectedCount(TY_STRUCTURE)=2 or GetCurrentSelections=(TY_STRUCTURE)='TY_STRUCTURE:STRUCTA' ,Level3_A,Level3_B)

I have used the Main Items for filter and tables purpose.

When I select SELECTOR the system correctly show one of two fields in the filter pane and in Table. However when I try to select one of occurences of my field (e.g Level1) the system apply selection to both fields (Levele1_A and Level1_B  

Labels (2)
1 Reply
michele_stenico
Author

Hi,

here i have attached a real simple example of my issue, I think it is clearer than my explanations

Thank you