Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karthick30
Creator
Creator

Variable Input Suggestions

Hi ,

I have a field called 'Places' which has values :  hospitals, Malls , Park , Theatre and Museum. 

I am trying to add Variable input for only 3 values in places field which is hospitals, Malls and Museum.

With that, I am adding one Pie Chart, which has dimension : Location and need to add these new variable input value as Measure.

So If I select hospitals, it will show location wise Hospital count.. If i select Malls, it needs to show Location wise Malls count.

I tried creating Variable input, but Pie chart value is not changing. Something I am missing while creating Variables. Any help on this please

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, if you create a variable with the variable input object of the dashboard bundle, the is an option to show as button, and you can assign a value and a label for each button.

You can Value 1 and label Hospitals, another button with 2 and Malls and the last one with 3 and Museums.

The pie chart an be craeted with Location as dimension and an expression similar to:

Pick($(VariableName),Count(Hospitals),Count(Malls),Count(Museums))

If the field you want to count is as in this example: On field to count Hospitals, another or malls and another for museums, the variable value can have the same value as the label and the expression could be just:

Count($(VariableName))

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rubenmarin

Hi, if you create a variable with the variable input object of the dashboard bundle, the is an option to show as button, and you can assign a value and a label for each button.

You can Value 1 and label Hospitals, another button with 2 and Malls and the last one with 3 and Museums.

The pie chart an be craeted with Location as dimension and an expression similar to:

Pick($(VariableName),Count(Hospitals),Count(Malls),Count(Museums))

If the field you want to count is as in this example: On field to count Hospitals, another or malls and another for museums, the variable value can have the same value as the label and the expression could be just:

Count($(VariableName))