Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UrsulaWhite
Contributor II
Contributor II

Variable working in Visualisation but not in load editor

I have created a variable as follows:

Set vCurrentFinancialYear = If(Month(Today()) >= 7,(Year(Today()) & '-' & Right(Year(Today())+1,2)),(Year(Today())-1 & '-' & Right(Year(Today()),2)));

In the visualisation it works in the following set analysis expression:

count({<[Milestone ReceivedVsDue Status] = {'Received On Due Date','Received Before Due Date'},Milestone_Type_Report_Flag ={'Y'},[Milestone_Received_Date.FY_Name]={'$(=$(vCurrentFinancialYear))' },
[SAP Branch HUB]={*}>}distinct [Milestone Id])/
count({<Milestone_Type_Report_Flag ={'Y'},Milestone_Received_Date.FY_Name={'$(=$(vCurrentFinancialYear))' },
[SAP Branch HUB]={*}>}distinct [Milestone Id])

Set vTestMeasure =
count({<[Milestone ReceivedVsDue Status] = {'Received On Due Date','Received Before Due Date'},
Milestone_Type_Report_Flag ={'Y'},[Milestone_Received_Date.FY_Name]={$(vCurrentFinancialYear}>}distinct [Milestone Id])
/
count({<[Milestone ReceivedVsDue Status] = {*},
Milestone_Type_Report_Flag ={'Y'},Milestone_Received_Date.FY_Name={$(vCurrentFinancialYear)}>}distinct [Milestone Id])
;

Set vReceivedThresholdMeasure =
count({<[Milestone ReceivedVsDue Status] = {'Received On Due Date','Received Before Due Date'},Milestone_Type_Report_Flag ={'Y'},[Milestone_Received_Date.FY_Name]={'$(=$(vCurrentFinancialYear))' },
[SAP Branch HUB]={*}>}distinct [Milestone Id])/
count({<Milestone_Type_Report_Flag ={'Y'},Milestone_Received_Date.FY_Name={'$(=$(vCurrentFinancialYear))' },
[SAP Branch HUB]={*}>}distinct [Milestone Id])
;

Why does it work in the visualisation, but not in the data load editor? Does it have to do with the fact that set doesn't evaluate the variable before I use it?  Is it the syntax?  

Labels (1)
1 Reply
UrsulaWhite
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Forgot to say vReceivedThresholdMeasure and vTestMeasure were what I tried in the data load editor.