Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greend21
Creator III
Creator III

Variables within Set Analysis

I have the below measure in a chart. The vCollEff variable works fine WITHOUT the CE_AgeType expression in it. I am trying to get the second variable, vCEAgeType to work. If I test it as something similar in a Qlikview text box them the If statement works as expected. I am trying to use this to get my Qlik Sense chart to default to Bill Date as the CE_AgeType selection if nothing is selected and otherwise show the type that is selected. In theory I do not see why this wont work but I am thinking it could be the formatting of vCEAgeType within vCollEff. Any help is greatly appreciated!

IF([Amount/Count] = 'Count', Num(Sum($(vCollEff)CE0_30Cnt),'#,##0;(#,##0)'), Num(Sum($(vCollEff)CE0_30Amt)/1000000, '$###M;($###M)'))

vCollEff = {$<CEDateFlag = {1}, CE_AgeType = {'$(vCEAgeType)'},ReceiptType=,ReceiptStatus>}

vCEAgeType = If(IsNull(CE_AgeType), 'Bill Date', GetFieldSelections(CE_AgeType))

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

vCollEff = {$<CEDateFlag = {1}, CE_AgeType = {'$(=$(vCEAgeType))'},ReceiptType=,ReceiptStatus>}

This works

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Use something like below

vCEAgeType = IF(GetSelectedCount(CE_AgeType)=0,'Bill Date',GetFieldSelections(CE_AgeType))

vCollEff = {$<CEDateFlag = {1}, CE_AgeType = {'$(=vCEAgeType)'},ReceiptType=,ReceiptStatus>}

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That does set the default to 'Bill Date' but the chart does not change as it should when I select other types.

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

vCollEff = {$<CEDateFlag = {1}, CE_AgeType = {'$(=$(vCEAgeType))'},ReceiptType=,ReceiptStatus>}

This works

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Do you know how I could word this to get it to defualt to Bill Date and Effective date?

Using the following variable to have both selected did not work.

vCEAgeType = If(IsNull(CE_AgeType), 'Bill Date' and 'Effective Date', GetFieldSelections(CE_AgeType)) did not work.