Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akmalquamri
Contributor III
Contributor III

Want to make date table in one from multiple date columns in single data table

Hi all,

I come across a challenge in Qlik sense scripting. I have a dataset in which there are 3 date columns such as, order_date, delivery_date, and review_date. My concern is to get all date columns in one date table. As of now, I am writing 3 resident load scripts for each column as shown below:

table_date:

Load order_date as date Resident table;

Load delivery_date as date Resident table;

Load review_date as date Resident table;

Is there any possibility that we can write a single resident load or minimal code to fetch all date columns from a single table plus all get concatenated into respective table under the date column?

Labels (4)
3 Replies
akmalquamri
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have spent like 1 hour to understand how the cross table will solve this problem. Could you please elaborate so that I can connect the dots?

G3S
Creator III
Creator III

currently the info looks like: 

OrderNo order_date delivery_date review_date
123 5/05/2023 12/06/2023 13/07/2023

based on the last line of your post, I understood what you were after was for the data to look like:

OrderNo YourDateType YourDate
123 order_date 5/05/2023
123 delivery_date 12/06/2023
123 review_date 13/07/2023

assuming your data is in a table called 'details' below is the cross table example.

tmpData:

Crosstable (YourdateType,YourDate)

LOAD

OrderNo,
order_date,
delivery_date,
review_date

Resident details;

If I have misunderstood your requirement,  could you please clarify what you are after.