Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Want to show every value in a dimension, unless certain filters are used

I have an issue where I have a dimension (a list of accounts) that I would like to show every value for, unless 3 filters specific are used (either individually or as a group). I want the dimension to ignore all other filters on the sheet. I tried setting a measure equal to 1 for all values in the dimension, but that just returns every value in the dimension, where I would need the dimension to filter on the specific dimensions below.

Here is the formula I currently use to return the total value of our portfolio sales for the given dimension based on the 3 filters that I want. Unfortunately, when I filter on other dimensions available in the sheet, the target dimension is still filtered. Apologies if this formula is terrible, I'm really just figuring this out as I go along.

Below is the nested if formula catching the specific selection criteria that I would like to include. I have other filters in the sheet and would like to ignore them (see the "[Dimension]=" portions of the formulas as my attempt...it doesn't work).

if(Profile=GetFieldSelections(Profile) and Profiles=GetFieldSelections(Profiles) and Region=GetFieldSelections(Region) and State=GetFieldSelections(State),

(sum({$< Profile={'$(=getfieldselections(Profile))'},Profiles={'$(=getfieldselections(Profiles))'},State={'$(=getfieldselections(State))'},Region={'$(=getfieldselections(Region))'},[Filtered Brand]=,[56Marques]=,[Marque Description]=>}

[Depletion9L R12]  )),

if(Profile=GetFieldSelections(Profile) and Region=GetFieldSelections(Region) and State=GetFieldSelections(State),

(sum({$< Profile={'$(=getfieldselections(Profile))'},State={'$(=getfieldselections(State))'},Region={'$(=getfieldselections(Region))'},[Filtered Brand]=,[56Marques]=,[Marque Description]=>}

[Depletion9L R12]  )),

if(Profile=GetFieldSelections(Profile) and Region=GetFieldSelections(Region),

(sum({$< Profile={'$(=getfieldselections(Profile))'}, Region={'$(=getfieldselections(Region))'},[Filtered Brand]=,[56Marques]=,[Marque Description]=>}

[Depletion9L R12] )),

if(Profile=GetFieldSelections(Profile) and Profiles=GetFieldSelections(Profiles),

(sum({$< Profile={'$(=getfieldselections(Profile))'},Profiles={'$(=getfieldselections(Profiles))'},[56Marques]=,[Filtered Brand]=,[Marque Description]=>}

[Depletion9L R12] )),

if(Profile=GetFieldSelections(Profile),

(sum({$< Profile={'$(=getfieldselections(Profile))'},[Filtered Brand]=,[56Marques]=,[Marque Description]=>}

[Depletion9L R12]  )),

if(State=GetFieldSelections(State),

(sum({$< State={'$(=getfieldselections(State))'},[Filtered Brand]=,[56Marques]=,[Marque Description]=>}

[Depletion9L R12]  ))))))))

Thanks for any help you can provide!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

OK, I figured it out.

Embarassingly simple, if you use set analysis and set dimentions to ignore to {$<dimension=>} then Qlik ignores selections for that, so the final formula is, in my case:

sum({$<[Marque Description]=,[56Marques]=,[Filtered Brand]=,CATEGORY=>}  [Depletion9L R12])

hope this helps someone else, as much as I loved learning the intricacies of nested ifs and getfieldselection use in set analysis, would have saved a lot of screen time just having to type out this one liner.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

OK, I figured it out.

Embarassingly simple, if you use set analysis and set dimentions to ignore to {$<dimension=>} then Qlik ignores selections for that, so the final formula is, in my case:

sum({$<[Marque Description]=,[56Marques]=,[Filtered Brand]=,CATEGORY=>}  [Depletion9L R12])

hope this helps someone else, as much as I loved learning the intricacies of nested ifs and getfieldselection use in set analysis, would have saved a lot of screen time just having to type out this one liner.