Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacobiopharma
Contributor II
Contributor II

What are the data requirements to build a map in Qlik sense?

Hi, 

I am new to Qlik sense and I am trying to show some data on map chart. What kind of data I need to have in order to to show some hospitals and number of patients in these hosptials? Thanks in advance.  

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, that doesn't shows on my maps, as Data-Dimension you only nned to use the Site field, if this field only has the name of the site, it will show only that.

In location, check the box to use latitude and longitude and assign the fields.

I size you can use the expression to count patients, dragging the range of the bubble size you can make them vary by size (and how much) or make all the same size.

I tried with the two first rows of your example and I could replicate to show the coordinates, it only shows the site name.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, if you have the coordinates for each hospital, that's all you need to locate a dot (or an image) exactly where the hospital is located, without coordinates you can go to the zip/postal code or city names (if you have it), but if there are more than one hospital in a city you won't be able to have a distinct location each of them, so I think coordinates is the best way to go in this case.

Here is a simple example using city names: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxmoMacg_o

If you have coordinates you can set them on the Location section of the layer properties.

jacobiopharma
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi rubenmarin, 

Thank you for your detailed instructions.

I was able to create a map by adding a dot layer using the data below. Somehow Qlik sense combined latitude and longitude as a new data field for mapping. 

What I want to know is how to hide the coordinates showed in the graph.

Thanksmapdata.pnghideCoordinates.png

rubenmarin

Hi, that doesn't shows on my maps, as Data-Dimension you only nned to use the Site field, if this field only has the name of the site, it will show only that.

In location, check the box to use latitude and longitude and assign the fields.

I size you can use the expression to count patients, dragging the range of the bubble size you can make them vary by size (and how much) or make all the same size.

I tried with the two first rows of your example and I could replicate to show the coordinates, it only shows the site name.

jacobiopharma
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes. Your answer solved my problem. Thank you so much!