Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suxel
Contributor III
Contributor III

What is the Best way to delete records after load in Qlik Sense?

Already have incremental loading practice in place, and new and modified records are working fine. However, if unwanted records are loaded into the application, what is the best way or how to delete these records? As these unwanted records are affecting the visual charts and calculations.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, some SW manages deleted records using a deleted flag, managing this can be easier, and some other has a table where deleted records are stored, checking this table can help to do an incremental delete.

If the rows are really deleted, meaning that in the day they just disappear I think the only option is to load all the primary keys and check which ones doesnt exist anymore. It would be something like this example on the help page: 

View solution in original post

Suxel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, Rubenmarin, really got the idea from your reply! 😎

Here's the solution I have applied in my script.

RemoveList:

LOAD
"XXX-ID"
FROM [$(File)]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is XXXID);

NewList:
Load * from [lib://] (qvd)
Where not Exists("XXX-ID");

Store NewList into [lib://] (qvd);

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, some SW manages deleted records using a deleted flag, managing this can be easier, and some other has a table where deleted records are stored, checking this table can help to do an incremental delete.

If the rows are really deleted, meaning that in the day they just disappear I think the only option is to load all the primary keys and check which ones doesnt exist anymore. It would be something like this example on the help page: 

Suxel
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, Rubenmarin, really got the idea from your reply! 😎

Here's the solution I have applied in my script.

RemoveList:

LOAD
"XXX-ID"
FROM [$(File)]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is XXXID);

NewList:
Load * from [lib://] (qvd)
Where not Exists("XXX-ID");

Store NewList into [lib://] (qvd);