Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enriquemmesteo
Creator
Creator

When selecting a value in one field, filter by the value in another field

Hello,  I have the following requirement:

We have a list with their different fields. One of them is "ID " and another one is "Original Duplicated ID". For each new entry the issue is recurring of a previous one( Field "Is Duplicated" =yes) and if so, enter the ID entry with the same issue as "Original Duplicated ID".

For example: Lets say we have an entry in the database with ID=88 which corresponds to a failure in some system. Now the same thing happened and with the new entry (which will have ID=122 for example) they fill the field "Is Duplicated"=yes and "Original Duplicated ID"=88.

Now in Qliksense:

They have a chart which shows the top 5 recurring issues. This is currently a count of the entries with "Original Duplicated ID" as dimension. In another sheet they have a table recreating the database. It contains all the different fields.

What currently happens:

They do their selections on the first sheet and then they go check out the table in the other sheet. When they select 88 in the mentioned chart, it filters by "Original Duplicated ID" on the rest of the charts as it should be, showing the ID=122 on the table(with "Original Duplicated ID"=88)

What they want to do:

They want to have this top5 recurring issues chart but when they select 88 in this chart, they want to filter the table by ID=88. The only way I can see this done is changing the dimension on the chart to ID and the measure but I can't quite figure it out. 

Maybe there is a way of doing it with variables or something but I need help. 

Thanks in Advance

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Perhaps I read this incorrectly, but if they want to select ID=88 and have the chart show ID=88, shouldn't you just use the ID itself as the chart dimension?

Enriquemmesteo
Creator
Creator
Author

That is not the issue here. Maybe I can explain it better with this example. Lets say I have this table where we have ID of the entry in the database, Issue which should be the description of an incident. When they identify that a similar incident has happened before, they refer to it by placing the ID of the original entry with the similar issue in the field Original Duplicated ID:

example of data.JPG

Now, they want to see which incidents happen more often. This is a visualization with dimension Original Duplicated ID and measure count(ID). This will show me the first two columns of this table in a bar chart for example:

example2.JPG

Now when I click on the "1" in this bar chart, I will be filtering by those with Original Duplicated ID=1 (with the IDs showing on the third column) for the rest of the visualizations.

They want to do it so that, when you select the 3 in that bar chart(which is refering to the field original duplicated id with value 3), it will act as if you selected ID=3 ( the value of the Original Duplicated ID for this one is blank).

Hope this throws some clarity,

Thanks in advance!