Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KWHITEHURST
Contributor III
Contributor III

create a summary tabl

Can anyone please assist, what i thought would be an easy task, has turned into a headache:

KWHITEHURST_0-1696434231758.png

I have two tables which are linked by MainID

I am needing to summarise Policies (REFERENCENO) by PURCHASE MONTH and if their cover type is:

Buildings Only
  Contents Only
  Joint (Buildings and Contents)
please see SS above of an example

I have tried creating set analysis formulas, Resident tables all with no success

any guidance would be greatly appreciated

many thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KGalloway
Creator II
Creator II

What about this?

KGalloway_0-1696436831861.png

Each column in the summary table uses a slight variation of this formula:

buildings only =count(distinct if(wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*buildings*') and not wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*contents*') , MAINID))

contents only =count(distinct if(not wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*buildings*') and wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*contents*') , MAINID))

joint =count(distinct if(wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*buildings*') and wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*contents*') , MAINID))

The idea is that in each month, we check each MAINID's concatenated list of COVERTYPEs. If it contains Buildings and not Contents, then it was buildings only.

This does ignore every other COVERTYPE value.

Le8t me know if I can clarify anything.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
KGalloway
Creator II
Creator II

What about this?

KGalloway_0-1696436831861.png

Each column in the summary table uses a slight variation of this formula:

buildings only =count(distinct if(wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*buildings*') and not wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*contents*') , MAINID))

contents only =count(distinct if(not wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*buildings*') and wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*contents*') , MAINID))

joint =count(distinct if(wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*buildings*') and wildmatch(aggr(concat(COVERTYPE), MAINID), '*contents*') , MAINID))

The idea is that in each month, we check each MAINID's concatenated list of COVERTYPEs. If it contains Buildings and not Contents, then it was buildings only.

This does ignore every other COVERTYPE value.

Le8t me know if I can clarify anything.

KWHITEHURST
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

brilliant, it worked a treat, thank you very very much