Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amiranda4721
Contributor
Contributor

how to add sub total to a straight table

need to add sub total to a straight table. 

Company Namesourcetotal unitsunique total
abc am153
abc bm205
 total358
dfgam102
dfgbm307
 total409
11 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

IF this is a screen shot of your table, you need to aggregate the total units and unique total with a sum aggregation. It should automatically take care of it
amiranda4721
Contributor
Contributor
Author

sum aggregate, do I need to create a new row? 

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

sum.PNG

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

totals.PNG

amiranda4721
Contributor
Contributor
Author

is the sum (total Units) after source  a column or a measure ?

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

It's a measure

amiranda4721
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I'm sorry, I'm not able to see the same measure as you. I'm working with Qlik Sense version February 2008 patch 1, qliksensedesktop 12.5.3 

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

It should work the same, just looks a little different. From the Data section on the right, Add column, when it pops up with From a field, select the measure to sum and then it will ask what aggregation and select sum. You can hide the totals in the Appearance, Presentation.
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like that @Lisa_P is loading your table including the total values and is describing how to create a sum total (not the sub totals).

Sub totals is not a feature in the Qlik Sense straight table. I suggest you to use a pivot table and let it be always fully expanded.

If you can not use a pivot then you probably need to make adjustments to your data transactions or your data model. In some way you will need to generate a total dimension in or connected to your transaction data.