cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cseward1963
Creator
Creator

manually Link tables and/or designate key fields

I created the correct associations between by tables, but when I look at the data model view, there are no lines between the tables.  Can I manually link the tables?  OR manually designate key fields in the tables?  Also, is it possible to attach a spreadsheet to this post?  I can show the spreadsheet that I loaded that contains 5 sheets; each sheet as a table.

13 Replies
cseward1963
Creator
Creator
Author

I use qlik sense cloud.  I've imported the spreadsheet to "My Data Files".  Can you tell me how I alter this part of the script so the source file can be found?

FROM [lib://source/Qlik Centennial Indiv test.xlsx]

OmarBenSalem

If you laod data through the load editor, you have to prepare data, drag and drop the bubbles (technically the tables) above each other to make associations (and choose the field; Sense will propose associations for you); then reload:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

If you already know your source and do not need any help form qlik to help you modelise, please choose to load data through the script.

If your question has been answered, please close this thread by marking the correct answer as so and the hepful ones as helpful (under actions, buttom left)

Thanks,

cseward1963
Creator
Creator
Author

Never mind my last question.

chipstokes02
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you get the answer you were looking for?  I am new to QlikSense and have the exact same question.  Years ago i was able to easily link massive data tables within Microsoft Access, manually and visually on screen linking the tables on the field I chose, and then creating new resulting data tables for output.

I am taking a beginner class on Qlik Sense and the instructor is showing us only a programmer language approach to linking, inner, outer, etc, versus a visual table method I was expecting.

Would love to hear if you learned a visual approach, manual approach, or is Qlik forcing this to be in programming language only?

Thanks, Chip