Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ayushs
Contributor II
Contributor II

previous month count

Hi All,

I am trying to find a % change from selected months sales to previous month sale. I have data from Jan to Sep . and filter pane in which values are (Jan, feb, mar to sep) so if I select months, the % change will appear in the KPI.

How should I write set expression keeping these condition in mind?  Date field format (2020 -04-24)

Please help!!

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Something like I've done below. 

Sum(sales) / sum({<Month=, Date={">=$(=monthstart(min(Date), - 1)) <$(=monthend(min(Date),-1)) >} Sales) 

Ayushs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Vegar

this is what I am getting .  Day_fact is my date field

Ayushs_0-1607847104362.png

Ayushs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi

PFB I have edited the expression as per data. Day_fact is my date field. it shows null value

Ayushs_0-1607850313689.png

Vegar
MVP
MVP

See my minor adjustments '  '. 

Count (distinct patient_id) / sum(distinct {<Month=, day_fact={">='$(=monthstart(min(day_fact), - 1))' <'$(=monthend(max(day_fact),-1))' >} patient_id) 

Ayushs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

output

Ayushs_0-1607856022093.png

Kushal_Chawda

@Ayushs  try below

Count (distinct patient_id) / sum(distinct {<Month=, day_fact={">=$(=date(monthstart(addmonths(max(day_fact), - 1))))<=$(=date(monthend(addmonths(max(day_fact), - 1))))" }>} patient_id) 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

What's wrong with the output?

By the way, it does not look like you are selecting a single month in the screenshot you posted.  Your intensely is larger than a month. If so, what period do you want to compare with?