Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adias102
Contributor III
Contributor III

qlik sense - the selection generated no data for this chart after adding table from same source

Hi all,

I'd appreciate your help on this issue.

I can't share my data so I'll try to describe it as best as I can.
I have an app with 5 major tables – let say: sales, clients, products, invoices and stores –  
and 15 translation tables (like 0-no; 1-yes etc.).
I have a dashboard with 6 charts – 2 pie charts and 4 bar charts. Everything works nicely.

When I add another table from the same source (SQL server, same database) – invoice lines – and reload the data I receive "the selection generated no data for this chart" for all the charts. When I remove the tables the display is back to normal.
I have no special calculations in this app, very basic charts – measure and dimension based on the data itself.

I have checked the data and all the records in invoice lines are attached to a record in invoices.

I've created a test app with only these 2 tables and had no issue with the display.

Can you point me to a solution before I'd have to build the app from scratch?

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Have you checked the of you data model layout of your application? Could it be that you have circular references in your data model after adding the invoice line data? Do any other warnings occur when running the load script?

adias102
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have no circular references. I only added the invoice lines tables and connected it to the invoices tables.

Loading data didn't raise any error or warning.