Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timotix
Contributor II
Contributor II

shorter if-statement with range filter

Hello all,

I am currently working on a table where the user can filter the results based on the values of the result.
The user has following three buttons:

1. >0% <10% (vShowRed)
  2. >10% <30% (vShowYellow)
  3. >30% (vShowGreen)

So if a variable is set to '0' the values should be null() and not displayed. Currently I have following formula which is working but I have a feeling that there is a way more easier way.

if($(vShowRed) = 1 and $(vShowYellow) = 1 and $(vShowGreen) = 1,                                            ($(vResult)),
if($(vShowRed) = 1 and $(vShowYellow) = 1 and $(vShowGreen) = 0, if( $(vResult) < 0.3,                       $(vResult)),
if($(vShowRed) = 1 and $(vShowYellow) = 0 and $(vShowGreen) = 1, if( $(vResult) < 0.1 or $(vResult) >= 0.3,  $(vResult)),
if($(vShowRed) = 1 and $(vShowYellow) = 0 and $(vShowGreen) = 0, if( $(vResult) < 0.1,                       $(vResult)),
if($(vShowRed) = 0 and $(vShowYellow) = 1 and $(vShowGreen) = 1, if( $(vResult) >= 0.1,                      $(vResult)),
if($(vShowRed) = 0 and $(vShowYellow) = 1 and $(vShowGreen) = 0, if( $(vResult) >= 0.1 and $(vResult) < 0.3, $(vResult)),
if($(vShowRed) = 0 and $(vShowYellow) = 0 and $(vShowGreen) = 1, if( $(vResult) >= 0.3,                      $(vResult)),
($(vResult))
))))))))

Thank you guys for the support. 🙂

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Timotix
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I figured something out by myself:

=
if($(vResult) < 0.1,if($(vShowRed) = 1,$(vResult),null())
,if($(vResult) < 0.3,if($(vShowYellow) = 1,$(vResult),null())
,if($(vResult) >= 0.3,if($(vShowGreen) = 1,$(vResult),null())
)))

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Timotix
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I figured something out by myself:

=
if($(vResult) < 0.1,if($(vShowRed) = 1,$(vResult),null())
,if($(vResult) < 0.3,if($(vShowYellow) = 1,$(vResult),null())
,if($(vResult) >= 0.3,if($(vShowGreen) = 1,$(vResult),null())
)))