Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lneidorf
Contributor II
Contributor II

Change Measure from Tagging Actions to Count of Records

Hi there.

I've recently dove down the rabbit hole and started getting my feet wet with custom expressions and functions to make my reporting more robust. There's a big learning curve here.

I support a software platform that hosts documents and allows users to view and tag them. Qlik Sense is integrated for reporting. The major weakness of the implementation is that the standard unit of measure is tagging actions, rather than documents.  

For example, if a user were to tag a document as Category A, and then another user were to tag it Category B, Qlik Sense would double-count that document, with a result of 2, reflecting two separate tagging actions. I'd like it to count each document just once. The question is how to write an expression that will do that. 

I've tried things like this:

Sum([Doc Count])
=Count([_tagging_field_internal_name] = 'rm_numeric_identifier') 

The latter references an internal field that corresponds to the unique database identifier for each record (i.e. the Key).

No luck. 

Thoughts? Recommendations? I'm not even sure how to frame the question or what information to provide to facilitate an answer.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Replies