Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John-EA
Contributor
Contributor

Changing filter for a single visualization

I have a single slide that has three visualizations on it. They are identical but I’d like to view different fiscal years. The problem is that when I change the fiscal year on one, it changes on all three visualizations. I’d appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed.

THANKS, John

2019-03-19 I've discovered I'm having the same problem when the three visualizations are on different slides as well.  I've read a little about "Alternative States" and we will get the version of Quik Sense which has this in a few months.  Will that be an easier way to solve this problem?  ~ John

2 Replies
R_Kaymakchiev
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you want to ignore a filter in Qlik Sense  you could try using set analysis in your expression.

Example:

if you want to ignore selections for the dimension called Year in a sum function for a measure called quantity then the function would be  Sum( {$<Year=>} Quantity )

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

You need to use set analysis to fix a fiscal year for each. Change your expressions to something like below
chart 1 Sum({< FiscalYear= {'2018'}> }Measure)
chart 2 Sum({< FiscalYear= {'2017'}> }Measure)