Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sooyolee
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Compare multiple rows in a straight table and display matching result

Hi all,

I am trying to compare multiple rows and calculate matching result according to logic. For example,

No| Entity | Counterparty | P/O No | Currency| Amount | Transaction Date | Matching Result

1 | A          |         B                  | 123AB |  USD          | 1000        | 04/Mar/20                    | Matched

2|  B         |          A                  | 123AB|   USD           |-1000       | 04/Mar/20                    | Matched

3|  B         |          A                  | 123AB|   USD          | -1000       | 04/Mar/20                     | Unmatched

This is ideal result. The logic is,

a) Entity-Counterparty set of 2 record should be same (e.g. A,B),

b) P/O number should match

c) Sum of amount should be less than 1

d) Transaction Date should be in the same month.

e) Currency should be same

When there are 2 line with same P/O number, I can use aggr (sum(Amount),P/O No, Currency) to evaluate the matching.

However, the issue is 

1) There can be duplicate data like line 2 and line 3

2) Some P/O can share same P/O no. For example, C and D can have a transaction under 123AB as well.

3) P/O No should be case insensitive. 123AB should match with 123ab or 123Ab or 123aB.

Moreover, I also have a limitation that I can only access to the chart expression. Hence, I should handle this logic in the straight table chart expression. I am struggling with a lot of aggr, set analysis, if-else...

Could you share any idea on this? Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Replies