cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

Connector Logs Analyzer

Anyone imported the new "Connector Logs Analyzer" yet? It came with QS Feb 2019 SP1.

I have just tried to run it, assuming the default script would work on a relatively default install, but it doesn't. I think it is a bug / silly mistake in the script, but I like to hear from you if you experience the same thing.

When running it, it tries to load all node_name_QvRestConnector.log found at C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Custom Data\QvRestConnector\Log (row 37 on the load_logs section). The file exists, but the script assumes  it has embedded labels, which it does not in my case. Result is that the script fails as it can't find field "Timestamp".

I am running QS February 2019 SP1, which is an upgrade from QS April 2018 SP1, which is an upgrade from an older version.

Anyone having the same experience?

Edit: And I just noticed this "QlikBug" group seems to be aimed at QlikView, so my guess this Qlik Sense question is out of place. Or is the description of this group outdated? Anyway... if a moderator could move it to a more fitting location, I would be happy.

May you live in interesting times!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

... and it looks like we missed the documentation in help.qlik.com Feb'19 due to timing and communication on my part. I can ask to see if we can update the documentation for Feb'19 to describe it.

One line there about it is: "The app relies on log files generated by REST connector version 1.7 or later and ODBC connector version 5.12 or later."

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

This group is not about QlikView only. I changed the very old group description..
Astrato.io Head of R&D
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Thanks for posting @oknotsen .

The Connector Logs Analyzer assumes the connector logs have embedded labels, which I believe they should for the more recent (Sept'18) version of REST connector in Sense.

Can you try removing (or moving) the older REST connector logs and trying again?

(And thanks for trying this out and sharing your feedback!)

Tyler

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

... and it looks like we missed the documentation in help.qlik.com Feb'19 due to timing and communication on my part. I can ask to see if we can update the documentation for Feb'19 to describe it.

One line there about it is: "The app relies on log files generated by REST connector version 1.7 or later and ODBC connector version 5.12 or later."

oknotsen
Master III
Master III
Author

After not finding an answer here, I reported this to support.qlik.com who in turn contacted you (yesterday).

The problem is now solved; the bug / missing documentation is logged as "to be fixed" and I learned that this app should not have been released with Feb 2019 to begin with.

Case closed.

Edit: And I now notice this topic has been moved to "New to Qlik Sense". Fascinating as it was a bug discussion in a private forum that could have stayed private.

May you live in interesting times!