Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II

Connectors Encyption Key

Good morning,

i'm trying to follow those istructions: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Content/Connectors_Home/Setting-encryption-key.htm

I've got an Enterprise server.

Those are the passages:

Setting an encryption key for Qlik Web Connectors

Do the following:

1. Open a command prompt and run:

runas /user:{sense service user} cmd. For example:runas /user:MYCOMPANY\senseserver --> the name of my server is XXXXX and the name of my admin user is; Admin1   --> so this would be: runas/ user:XXXX\Admin1\ senseserver ??

2. Run the following two commands to switch to the directory containing the connectors and then set the key:

1. cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvWebStorageProviderConnectorPackage

2. QvWebStorageProviderConnectorPackage.exe /key {key}

Where {key} is the key you generated. For example, if you used the openssl command, your key might look like: QvWebStorageProviderConnectorPackage.exe /key zmn72XnySfDjqUMXa9ScHaeJcaKRZYF9w3P6yYRr so here i will have a key with 32 caracter's, right?

3. You should repeat this step, using the same key, on each node in the multinode environment where the Qlik Engine and the connectors are installed.  --> i don't have a multinode environmente so this is not necessary, right?

Encryption keys will be stored in: C:\Users\{sense service user}\AppData\Roaming\Qlik\QwcKeys\

In this example, encryption keys will be stored in: C:\Users\senseserver\AppData\Roaming\Qlik\QwcKeys\

After all this i can create a new connectios without errors, right?

Thanks

C

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @Carlaf_93 ,

yes you are right, Google Analytics is one of Web storage connector, not an ODBC connector. I was thought you were asking Google Big query. sorry.

And no need to restart Qlik Sense services after setting the encrpytion key.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @Carlaf_93 ,

The steps you mentioned is for setting an encryption key for Qlik Web storage connectors like Microsoft Onedrive connector, Amazon S3 connector, etc.

If your connection is to connect to database source, please apply the below part as well.

Setting an encryption key for ODBC Connector Package

I hope this helps.

Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I would explain better my problem.

I would like to connect to Google Analytics 4.

I've got the connection to Google Analytics (not 4).

Carlaf_93_0-1694762712911.png

if i try to connect i get this error:

Carlaf_93_1-1694762764774.png

Following this error i got to this link: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Content/Connectors_Home/Setting-encryption-key.htm and i'm trying to follow the steps...

So: i will login in the server with the admin user, open the cmd and execute this:

1. cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvWebStorageProviderConnectorPackage

2. QvWebStorageProviderConnectorPackage.exe /key {key with 32 carachters}

right?

Then, after this, i need to restart all the services?

Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @Carlaf_93 ,

It's ODBC connector.

Setting an encryption key for ODBC Connector Package

Do the following:

1. Open a command prompt and run:

runas /user:{sense service user} cmd. For example:runas /user:MYCOMPANY\senseserver

2. Run the following two commands to switch to the directory containing the connectors and then set the key:

1. cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvOdbcConnectorPackage

2. QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe /key {key}

Where {key} is the key you generated. For example, if you used the openssl command, your key might look like: QvOdbcConnectorPackage.exe /key KKHZwWjdt+ADhsbFWEGboM25Ogks8XFLm2MCXehthmg=

3. You should repeat this step, using the same key, on each node in the multinode environment where the Qlik Engine and the connectors are installed.

Encryption keys will be stored in: C:\Users\{sense service user}\AppData\Roaming\Qlik\Keys\

In this example, encryption keys will be stored in: C:\Users\MYCOMPANY\senseserver\AppData\Roaming\Qlik\Keys\

4. Remove this generated key on all nodes to avoid conflicts with the new key:

C:\Users\{sense service user}\AppData\Roaming\Qlik\Keys\qseow_file_cache_key

Carlaf_93
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Isn't Google Analytics a web connection?

Carlaf_93_0-1694770271862.png

Do i ned, after this, to restart all the services?

Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @Carlaf_93 ,

yes you are right, Google Analytics is one of Web storage connector, not an ODBC connector. I was thought you were asking Google Big query. sorry.

And no need to restart Qlik Sense services after setting the encrpytion key.