Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III

Create a flexible Waterfall chart with one dimension (multiple dimension values) and one measure

Hi,

I am having one dimension (departments: A,B,C etc.) and one sales measure.

I would like to create a waterfall, which starts with highest amount, for the second dimension value the bar starts where the first bar ended, similar to the attached graphic.

Do you know if it is possible to create something like this in Qlik Sense?

With the standard waterfall object the sorting and also the fact that dimensional values could be added (so no explicit set analysis by naming the dimension values) makes it complex.

clipboard_image_0.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Changed A to B and B to A in the inline table.... and get this

image.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Something

image.png

This might not be as good as it looks because each of the bar is an individual expressions and depending on the number of Departments, this might not work for you.

chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny, 

I thought about the solution, if the expression would be generic AND! it would be somehow possible, to sort that the bar with the highest value starts at the left and the other bars decrease - it would be doable.

But even with a generic expression, the sorting in the standard generic waterfall chart is a problem? Or do you see any solution for that?

sunny_talwar

You want the max dimension value to show up first and second max value next and so on? But is the number of Department fixed?

chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes right, start with highest bar and ascend to the point where the bars turn into negative, it needs to start with the littlest value and ends with the highest one in that range.

There are 27 departments, which are more or less fixed.

sunny_talwar

Changed A to B and B to A in the inline table.... and get this

image.png

chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The thing is with 4 dimension values its easy to shift the expressions from place 1 to 2 etc.

But with 27 dimension values, where the values are changing over time, its like impossible. if there is no sorting logic?

sunny_talwar

Did you look at the new expressions? It is dynamic.... but all you need is 27 expressions instead of 4

chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Sunny, I will try it with the real data and let you know :). Much appreciated your help.

chriys1337
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you Sunny!