Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Double Pie Chart

Hi

can you tell me step by step how we can create the double pie chart in qilk sense App. please

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

What is a 'Double Pie' chart? Do you mean the Donut style that can be selected under Presentation?

comm165248.png

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

like double pie charts it possible in xls sheet but same thing I would like to see in qlik sense like how much product share in area it show in inner pie chart  and how much we get the return from that area which is outer pie charts. 

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Well, that's not possible in Qlik Sense without an extension. If you want to create such a dysfunctional abomination you'll have to find (or create) an extension that can create such chart junk.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

This type of chart is not possible in Qliksense, you have to write or find an extension for this.

Regards,

Jagan.

marcus_sommer

The nearest approach within qv (and without extensions) would be to overlap two pie-charts and adjust the visibility and color from various properties like title, border, legend and so on. But it would be not very flexible or look very beautiful.

Pie-charts with more than 5 - 6 values have a bad readability for users and with such a second level even more. It creates rather confusion than any added value. I suggest you looked for another kind of (inbuilt) visualization. Maybe a combination from various charts(-types) which form a logical line or a grid.

I think these books could be helpful, too:

QlikView for Developers Cookbook

Stephen Redmond

ISBN-13: 978-1782179733

Learning Qlikview Data Visualization

Karl Pover

ISBN-13: 978-1782179894

- Marcus

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Perhaps this link can guide you to finding a suitable chart type? Introducing Qlik instead of Excel sometimes require that you challenge your habits and the ways you consume data. Why not do a could of different charts to present the same data and ask your end-users which they think is best?

Dissecting How to Choose the Right Chart | Qlik