Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic change of Pivot table Dimension/Measure

Hello,

I have a filter which has A, B and C values. If I select A then this should change the dimension attribute/column to 'A' column (I have a column with name 'A'), similarly, if I change to B, B column should get affect in pivot table visualization.

Along with that, how do we dynamically add few measure columns in pivot table based on filter selection.

If you could provide a sample screenshots or QVFfile it would be more helpful for the analysis.

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

You can't add or remove Dimensions and Measures in Sense dynamically, other than teaching your users to drag-and-drop Master Items from the library onto charts.

With a static number of Dimensions and Measures, you can make them dynamic using variables and $-sign extensions. Something like this:

Variable:

vDim = only(Column)

Dimension:

$(vDim)

Cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Upgrade your Qlik skills at the Masters Summit for Qlik - coming soon to Milan, Italy!

vadimtsushko
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Expanding Oleg's answer:

If you would like to make labels for such dynamic columns dynamic too - take look at one possible solution: Emulating dynamic labels in Qlik Sense

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Kishore,

Adding and removing of fields is only possible in the edit view. You can only restructure the pivot table in the view mode.

Thanka,

Sangram.