Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
BARC’s The BI Survey 19 makes it official. BI users love Qlik. GET REPORT
okamal99
New Contributor II

Excel Extract doesn't match KPI in QLIK Sense

Hi,

I am trying to figure out why the Excel extract details don't come out correctly. I have two files that I have joined and I'm trying to calculate the number of units for each plant. There are 2 plants (11 and 13).

When I write the set analysis expression for plant 11, I do get the correct number which is supposed to be 7. However, when I extract the Excel report, I only see 6 units for plant 11.

Can someone explain how I would need to write my script such that the KPI output matches the Excel extract. ( I should note that two rows on the Excel table have identical data (Plant=11, Lines=1, Units=7)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: Excel Extract doesn't match KPI in QLIK Sense

how are you extracting the excel report?
okamal99
New Contributor II

Hi Dilipranjth,

Thanks for the quick response. 

I've created a table and used the fields Plant, Lines, Units

When I see the table it shows only 4 rows of data for Plant 11, and Lines total upto 6.  When I write the set analysis expression it shows a total of 7 lines for Plant 11 which is correct.

All I do to extract the Excel report is right click and download to Excel on the table.

Any ideas?

Partner
Partner

Ok. So the table shows total as 6 while KPI is showing 7. What does the source data indicate

Difficult to diagnose without having access to app but i would try below to diagnose

- there maybe some null value messing with the table data. check if you are including null values for the dimension

- check the data types for the units column to confirm