cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qliknewbie_1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Excel Pivot table formatting nPrinting

I can see a bunch of these question, but can't find an answer. I have a pivot table that I would like to use for Nprinting with excel. When printing I loose the formatting, but is there no way of standard formatting the excel file to for instance highlight sub-totals etc. I've seen that you can at least keep format with a table, but does anyone have a workaround here? 

This seems like an easy thing and can't believe there is no way of doing this!

Thanks!

Labels (1)
3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, with a pivot table there is an option to keep source formats, in this case the table will be exported with the format applied in sense.

There is another option that is to create a simple table and work with levels on the excel template to simulate the pivot and subtotals: you can have a simple table with the data, and another with the dimensions used for the levels iteration, and working with this you can apply formatting using the excel options.

qliknewbie_1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Keep source format does not seem to work when adding it straight into excel. I loose bold on subtotalts and colors. 

Are there any material og resrouces out there that explains how to work with levels on the excel template to simulate pivot and subtotals?

Thanks

rubenmarin

A couple of weeks ago I did a report where one of the sheets of excel has a pivot table, we applied the formats in Sense (mainly background colors) and these were kept on the excel template and in the pdf sent to the user.

About the how to: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Guides.htm

On 6.9 it makes an example with leves and in 6.10 with nested levels.

Short video example: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Excel-Reports-Nesteds.h...