Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
Qlik® Product Spotlight: Discover what’s possible. Get more from our products.
See for yourself. Register today.
abhonsle
Contributor

Field not Found

Hi Guys,

I am very new to QlikSense. I am trying to run a script which pulls the data from SharePoint.The field does exist in the exel file. And I have also checked for the name of the field to be case sensitive or not.

  I am getting the below error:

Date << Last Update Date
Lines fetched: 1

The following error occurred:
Field not found - <Team>

The error occurred here:
Checkbook:
LOAD
    Team,
    Department,
    "Year",
    "Group",
    Quarter,
    "Budget Line",
    "Budget Plan $",
    "Budget Sub-Category",
    "Budget Category",
    "Funnel Stage",
    "Name/ Description",
    "Parent Campaign",
    "Campaign/ Initiative",
    "Tactic/Activity",
    "Finance Tactic Group" as "Tactic Group",
    "Forecast Amount",
    Committed,
    JMF,
    Vendor,
    If(Match([Tactic/Activity],'Advertising - Digital','Collateral - e-book','Content Syndication','E-mail','Event - Online','Online Syndication','Paid Search','SEO','Social Media Promotion','Webinar')=0,'Other','Digital') AS DigitalMarketingFlag
FROM [lib://SharePoint - Marketing Finance/Shared Documents\2017 Checkbook Registers\Global\GLOBAL checkbook.xlsx]
(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Roll Up]) where not [Team]=0

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
flaurntiu
New Contributor III

Re: Field not Found

One of the pitfalls for most people new to the scripting is the case sensitivity. Even more experienced Qlik users tend to make a typo with regard to this.
Camel, camel, CaMel are all different to Qlik and therefore might cause the behavior. But as you have stated this is not the case..

The only option is that the Team field does not exist in the sheet named [Roll Up] in the selected workbook.
I agree with Dave Riley that the best way to go forward is to load the XLSX from sharepoint without a where clause and have a look at the available fields.

Could it be specific naming or maybe a hidden space in the field name?

15 Replies
oknotsen
Honored Contributor III

Re: Field not Found

Looks like your source does not have a "Team" field.

May you live in interesting times!
ivostapchuk
New Contributor III

Re: Field not Found

abhonsle‌, the best would be a checkbook.xlsx file that illustrates the field "team".

flipside
Valued Contributor II

Re: Field not Found

Try running the script without the Where clause and as a LOAD * to see which fields are available.

The error looks to have the field Team tagged in xml format ('<Team>') which may suggest there is no data populated in that field and therefore doesn't appear in the xml structure - I've found this happens when connecting to SharePoint data sources in other ways, but I could be wrong here.

flaurntiu
New Contributor III

Re: Field not Found

One of the pitfalls for most people new to the scripting is the case sensitivity. Even more experienced Qlik users tend to make a typo with regard to this.
Camel, camel, CaMel are all different to Qlik and therefore might cause the behavior. But as you have stated this is not the case..

The only option is that the Team field does not exist in the sheet named [Roll Up] in the selected workbook.
I agree with Dave Riley that the best way to go forward is to load the XLSX from sharepoint without a where clause and have a look at the available fields.

Could it be specific naming or maybe a hidden space in the field name?

sasiparupudi1
Honored Contributor III

Re: Field not Found

First check if you missed a ';' after the where condition where not [Team]=0

Second

Does it load any data if you remove the where condition

where not [Team]=0

third

Try setting the Team to a known value

where not [Team]='My Team';

abhonsle
Contributor

Re: Field not Found

Hi Sasidhar,

I checked for ';' and I tried to load the data without the where condition. It still gives me the same error.

Also the field does exist in the source data.

Qlik Screenshot.PNG

abhonsle
Contributor

Re: Field not Found

Hi Ferry,

Thank you for your comments. I did check the data in the source file. It does exist.

Qlik Screenshot.PNG

in xlsx:

Qlik Screenshot1.PNG

However the data loads properly without errors when I created a new app.

ivostapchuk
New Contributor III

Re: Field not Found

would you try load without names o field.

Just

Load

   *

FROM [lib://SharePoint - Marketing Finance/Shared Documents\2017 Checkbook Registers\Global\GLOBAL checkbook.xlsx]

;



flaurntiu
New Contributor III

Re: Field not Found

You can add some tracing in between statements and use the debug loading to check if the prior statements do not cause an issue: 

TRACE # Some text to indicate script position

If the statement without a where clause still gives an error, it might also come from the field list. Try to load all fields with the wildcard * and see if it works.
If it does, try commenting out the entire load statement and try to create a new one using the data load wizard. Then compare the statements and check what is different.