Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
itl_qlikview
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Filter on a calculated dimension/master item

Hi all.

I'm new to Qlik Sense and I try to use a calculated dimension from a table to show/hide another table in the same view.

I create a table in which I put a dimension created as: IF(Condition_is_true, MyDimension) and I use it to avoid showing rows I do not care (with show null option disabled).

Now I would like that if I select a value for MyDimension, the details table (I insert in the same view) appears.

I use GetSelectedCount(MyDimension) > 0 as condition, but it looks like MyDimension is not affected by the expression I use in my table (IF(Condition_is_true, MyDimension), as written above).

I try to create a master item with IF(Condition_is_true, MyDimension) formula, but then I can not use it as argument of GetSelectedCount.

I can not solve the problem in Load Data Editor because of complexity of Condition that must be evaluated "on fly".

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much in advance

2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Not sure, What you are trying? If you want to disable based on filter, You may try this?

If(GetSelectedCount(MyDimension) > 0, Measure1, Measure2)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
itl_qlikview
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Maybe I'm too "new" to understand the suggestion, but what I'd like to do is to hide the detail table if I did not select any occurrence of the filtered variable